National 4-H Week happens every year during the 2nd full week in October and is a wonderful way to promote your love for 4-H!
National 4-H Week is a great opportunity for 4-H clubs and projects to share their love for 4-H with others, recruit new members, and also thank those in the community that have helped support the 4-H program! Every year in the office we have TWO really cool contests happening that you don’t have to be in 4-H to participate in! Plus, you can win some cool 4-H swag if you win the contests! Learn more about the contests below:
4-H GROWS CREATIVITY CONTEST
Grab your colored pencils, markers or crayons and let your creativity flow by participating in the Trempealeau County Coloring Contest! Participants may pick up a coloring sheet (three to choose from) at the Extension Office during National 4-H Week (2nd full week in October) or print them off at home and submit their masterpieces by the Friday of National 4-H Week to the Extension Office.
Feel free to come in the office and talk with our 4-H Program Coordinator while you color! Submitted pieces will be displayed on our social media page after National 4-H Week and winners will be chosen in each age category (under 5, 6-8, 9-11, 11-18 and over 18). All ages can join in the fun! Winners will receive some cool 4-H swag!
Choose between the following three 4-H coloring pages for the contest:
- 4-H Dairy Showman & Dairy Cow Coloring Sheet
- Collage of 4-H Projects Coloring Sheet
- 4-H Pumpkin Coloring Sheet
SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE
Break out your 4-H t-shirts, smiles and cameras to submit your entries into our social media challenge! Take a photo of someone in a 4-H t-shirt and share it on our social media any time during National 4-H Week (2nd week in October)!
Don’t have Facebook? No worries – photos can also be emailed to the 4-H Program Coordinator and added to our office Facebook page!
Participants make sure to tag @TrempealeauCounty4H and #Trempealeau4h to make sure we see it! We will also have some cool prizes for our social media contest – get those t-shirts, take a picture and tag us!
Other ways to celebrate National 4-H Week:
- Wear your 4-H shirt to school
- Ask a newspaper reporter to attend a meeting or club special event
- Take cookies or other treats to local businesses and supporters
- Visit a nursing home
- Set up a table at your school
- Pass out invitations to your friends for the next club meeting or special event
- Organize a presentation to 3rd and 4th graders at your school
- Create a display at a store front or library to promote 4-H
- Encourage your friends to attend a 4-H club meeting to learn more about what 4-H is