A 4-H Trempealeau County Ambassador is a Trempealeau County 4-H youth member who is in grades 7th -13th who has a sincere desire to promote the Trempealeau County 4-H Program! Ambassadors plan many events throughout the year, help at different 4-H events, teach and do activities, and strive to get youth involved in 4-H.
If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador, you will need to fill out an application and participate in an interview process. Applications go live around September of every year and the 4-H Ambassador leader will be in touch about interviews, the process, and the events that Ambassadors will be helping with or planning over the course of the next year. Applications are always due on October 1st. For more informaiton check out the information below.
What do 4-H Ambassadors do?
- The 4-H Ambassadors plan many events throughout the year. Here are some examples of Ambassador Sponsored events: the 4-H Halloween Party, Easter Coloring Contest, and the Countywide Picnic.
- The 4-H Ambassadors sponsor friendly club competitions like the 4-H Week Display Contest, Food from the Heart Food Drive, and the School Supply Drive.
- Ambassadors help out at the County Performing Arts Festival, Little Miss/Little Mister Clover Contest, and Clover College. New ideas for County Events are always welcomed.
Who can apply?
- An Ambassador must be a youth in grades 7-13 and has been an active 4-H member for a minimum of 2 years.
- Youth must be responsible, accountable and willing to learn and engage in active youth leadership.
How to apply?
- Completed Ambassador Application by deadline date of October 1st to be considered.
- Email the 4-H Program Coordinator one letter of recommendation from club leader, project, or activity leader saying why you should be a 4-H Ambassador
- Applicants, it is your responsibility to make sure your letter of recommendation and application reach the Extension Office by October 1st to be considered.
- Complete a record book from the previous 4-H year (i.e. if you are applying in September 2019, you will have needed to complete a 2018-2019 Record Book).
- Participate in an interview in October
- Please note that if you are accepted to be a Trempealeau County 4-H Ambassador you will be required to attend a small training day. The date will be announced during the interviews.
- Apply online HERE